The Physical Therapy Compact is an agreement between member states to improve access to physical therapy services for the public by increasing the mobility of eligible physical therapy providers to work in multiple states. This post outlines the?Physical Therapist compact license updates made and what to expect in 2018.
Physical Therapist Compact License Updates: General Updates
- Both PT’s and PTA’s are eligible for the compact license.
- The participating states are: WA, OR, MT, MO, CO, UT, AZ, ND, MS, TN, KY, NC, NH, TX.
- States that have introduced legislation, but have not confirmed are: PA and NJ.
- When the home state license expires, as does the compact license privilege.
- IF you change your permanent tax home, you must notify the commission within 30 days of the address change. You can keep your compact privilege if you move between states as long as both states are a part of the compact licensure.
- The EXPECTED timeframe for the compact license to go live is in the first half of 2018 with no exact date set at this time.
Physical Therapist Compact License Updates: Eligibility
- You immediately lose compact status when you have an action taken against your license, or encumbrance is placed on the license.
- It will be reinstated when the encumbrance is removed, or two years after the effective date of the adverse action.
- JP Exams must be completed within 30 days of issuance of the compact privilege if the PT will be working in those with JP exams.
- A list of current members of the PT compact status will be available on the boards website PTcompact.org.
Physical Therapist Compact License Updates: What Should You Do Now?
- Bookmark this page. We will continue to update this page as new information comes in.
- Start thinking about where you want to travel. Get on a month to month lease so you can take off as soon as we find the right job for you.
- Keep your current state’s license in good standing. Also, make sure you keep up with your CEUs!
Host Healthcare Travel Therapist
Host Healthcare offers an?extensive list of?travel therapist jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (800) 585-1299. We are here to help you to get started.